terms & conditions
Mountain Buggy car seat rental Terms and Conditions
By renting a car seat from Mountain Buggy Limited (Mountain Buggy) and Phil and Teds Most Excellent Buggy Company Limited (phil&teds) you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1.Compatibility and Installation - You are responsible to ensure the rental car seat is;
a) compatible with your car(s) prior to ordering the rental car seat
b) is fitted correctly and you know how to use the rental car seat.
2. Returns - It is your responsibility to return the car seat:
a) at your own cost;
b) by the Return Date. An additional daily charge (consisting of the pro rata monthly stated fee) will apply for each day that the rental car seat is not returned to Mountain Buggy past the agreed return date. To get a reminder prior to your “return date” you must opt in to our occasional emails and promotions by ticking the box on our billing page at checkout. For the avoidance of doubt you will not receive a notification unless you opt in; and
c) in its original packaging with all it components in place.
d) to 11 Glover St, Ngauranga. Wellington 6035.
3. Accident and damage - You agree to notify Mountain Buggy immediately if;
a) the vehicle in which one of Mountain Buggy rental car seats is installed is involved in any form of car accident; and
b) there are any issues with the rental car seat.
This will allow Mountain Buggy to evaluate the condition of the car seat for your continued use and/or future rentals. Mountain Buggy acknowledge that Mountain Buggy carries insurance solely for the rental car seat supplied in the event of a crash but no other insurance is supplied.
Damage, with the exception of wear and tear, may result, at Mountain Buggy’s discretion, in your bond not being returned to you (whether in whole or a partial return).
Notification is required as soon as possible after any accident/incident and Mountain Buggy will collect and replace the rental car seat.
You acknowledge and agree that to the greatest extent allowed by law:
- The risk of injury exists from the use or misuse of the rental car seat, including the potential risk of serious injury, disability or death.
- You either (a) understand the risks associated with the equipment or (b) have asked Mountain Buggy about the risks and has obtained information that is satisfactory to you.
- You are renting the equipment at your own risk and agree that Mountain Buggy is not responsible for accidents or injuries caused directly or indirectly in the use of the rented car seat.
- You are knowingly and freely assuming these risks on your behalf and on behalf of any and all users of the equipment, including your minor children, or any other adults or children.
- You hereby release, now and forever, Mountain Buggy from any and all claims, causes of action, or liability arising from these terms or the use of the rental car seat (including by minors).
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of New Zealand.